COVID-19 | Travel Safety Information
Following recent government advice around non-essential travel, we have made some changes to ensure the health and safety of our staff and guests takes priority.
These are incredibly challenging times and it’s with heavy hearts that we won’t be accepting holidaymakers, effective as of 30th or March 2020. Our park will currently remain open to provide essential travel to those in need.
We are currently taking bookings for guests arriving after the 1st of May 2020. There’s a lot of uncertainty about things at the moment but we’ll be sure to update you with more about the park and reopening when things have settled down.
It is our understanding that ‘essential travel’ includes travel that is related to:
• necessary activities for work purposes,
• essential accommodation while stopping at one location during a current road trip,
• travel on compassionate grounds and
• travel required to return to your place of residence.
For guests who are needing to stay with us over the coming weeks and months, we will be supporting and encouraging self-distancing and hygiene measures, so you and your travelling companion/s remain safe, and for the safety of others. This way, we will be in the best place to be able to reopen for leisure travel as soon as we are permitted.
What are we doing to reduce the risk of COVID-19?
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees are highest priority as COVID-19 continues to pose a health risk across the globe.
- We assure you that we are taking hygiene seriously. You can be confident that our park is being cleaned to the highest of standards, and that our staff are employing heightened levels of sanitation
- From issuing your key, and amenities blocks, we’re in overdrive ensuring every touchpoint has been cleaned vigilantly
- We have closed our playground and equipment hire to minimise non-essential gatherings and promote social distancing as much as possible.
What should I do if I have a booking?
If any you’re uncertain about your booking please contact the park directly via email, we are being inundated with calls and would appreciate emails where possible to ensure we can get back to you regarding your booking as soon as possible. We please ask for your cooperation and patience while we endeavour to respond to everyone as soon as possible, as we are currently dealing with a large number of enquiries.
If I make a new booking can I change it if circumstances change?
- All guests travelling before the 31 May 2020, have a few options regarding their booking;
- Change your current booking to a later date,
- Receive a credit for monies paid to be used within 12 months of the current arrival date, or
- A full refund of all monies paid
How can I keep up to date with information from Port Hughes Tourist Park?
Keep a close eye on our Facebook page for any updates or changes. If you have any questions specific to your booking please email the park at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Where can I go for more information on COVID-19 and travel restrictions?
For official updates about COVID-19 visit https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-travellers